Blooming Grove

 


      An early community in Franklin County, Blooming Grove was laid out 1816 through 1817 and originally named Greensboro, after the city in Maryland from which the founders came. The name was changed when the community petitioned the US Government for a Post Office in the early 1830’s as the name was already taken, the residents settled on naming their community after the township.
     
   At the turn of the 20th century, Blooming Grove had several business establishments, including 2 general stores, a blacksmith, a drain tile factory, a sawmill and a few others, by the mid 1970’s only one store and a gas stationed remained. Today it is a farming/commuting community, convenient to the west side of Brookville Lake.
























                                                                        Click HERE to return to other Communities.