Old Stone Church

 

Erected by:  Oldenburg Sesquicentennial Committee, 1987

Located:  East side of Pearl Street between Main and Water Streets, Oldenburg, Indiana

Text and History: 

Built 1846-1848

Father Franz Joseph Rudolf

laid corner stone September 8, 1846.

Succeeded original log

Church of St. Mary in 1848.

Consecrated April 14, 1850.

Replaced by present Holy Family Church in 1862.

Made into part of Franciscan Friary in 1866.

Renovated into Present rectory, 1985.

 

please click image to go back